My first example is rust breeches. While they are fine to school in, they look awful in the show ring - especially when paired with a green jacket. I'm sorry, are you showing a horse or going to a Christmas party? With the exception of George Morris, please PLEASE stop showing in rust breeches. Seriously!!
(Hair should also only be in a bun when wearing a top hat or derby, otherwise it should be covering the ears and tucked up in your hat appropriately. I'm not sure why people at breed shows have not caught on to this?)
Haha, love the hair comment!
ReplyDeleteI haven't figured out how to do my hair hunter style. Well, I haven't figured out how to do a bun, really, either.
ReplyDeleteAnd I wish rust colored breeches were the worst offense Morgan riders dish out. The white, satin stripe hunt coat someone wore at the Grand freakin' National still takes the cake. It looked like it was made out of a wedding dress.
Ha haaa - I just stumbled onto your blog, and I know this comment is LATE - but I had to laugh at this. I show Morgans (not at the National level, just Michigan) and everyone has buns-buns-buns. I am so not putting my hair in a bun the next time I'm in a hunt class. I don't really ever see rust breeches though - eck!
ReplyDelete