I am not selling T-Bone.
Unfortunately, the amount of debt I am in now is almost comical to me. If I don't laugh, I just might fall into utter despair.
And it's about to get worse.
Seems as though the horse has a tooth that is growing into his gum, appears to have abcessed and is the likely culprit of chronic low-grade fevers that have resulted in T-Bone developing lines and tenderness in his front feet - possibly laminitis. This could also be the reason he lost weight over the winter. Best case scenerio? It's just an abcessed tooth. It gets pulled, heals and all is good. There may be a growth or some other issue, tho, which would require me sending him to Purdue. Yup. Oh goody.
I feel terrible, altho the horse has not been lame in his front feet EVER - the only lameness i have experienced with him is because of a possibly OCD lesion in his stifle. He has been eating and acting normal - never gave me signs of a fever, or any mouth pain. But, at least it's caught and hopefully I can find the money to get him fixed before it causes more problems. But he obviously won't be sell-able for a while.
So at this point I am at a loss of what to do other than to just pinch pennies as best I can.
I guess I could always be a prostitute. har har.
lol....You could always dress up like a cowgirl or something with pigtails...now that would attract more customers. ;)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about T-Bone, though. I know how expensive horses can be when it comes to medical care. Especially when it is something unforeseen like this abscessed tooth. Hopefully, once it is pulled, it will have fixed the problem.
And I really do hope things get better financially for you!! I had to sit down on Wednesday and revamp my budget, as well. Some things just had to go. Wasn't much but every dollar here and there helps. Already got 1 debt paid off today! And just have 3 more to go - college loan, small bank loan, and car loan.
Hang in there!!!
I feel your pain! Why do horses have to be so darn expensive/prone to disaster?! I've been lurking on your site for awhile and enjoying/envying your dressage progress. I'm a former hunter rider learning dressage on school horses (since the accoutrements to raising a young family soak up all available cash.)I do own my own saddle, though, and want to ask you what your composite stirrups are like to ride in.
ReplyDelete